The Great Bend City Council will meet Monday night and the Barton County Commission will meet Wednesday morning, and both plan virtual meetings due to COVID-19 public gathering restrictions.
The Great Bend City Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday, at City Hall, 1209 Williams. One can also view the meetings on Access TV via Cox Cable Channel 20 or live online at www.facebook.com/gbcitycouncil/.The meeting will be recorded.
The agenda includes:
• Setting a public hearing for a property at 814 Monroe.
• A Great Bend Events Center bathroom remodel.
• A bid for crack sealing city streets.
• An airport letter agreement with engineering firm Burns & McDonnell for improvements to the Great Bend Municipal Airport.
• The leases for two airport hanger.
The commission will meet at 9 a.m. Wednesday at the Barton County Courthouse, 1400 Main in Great Bend. The meeting will be open to the public but will also be streamed live due to COVID-19.
It will be streamed through Microsoft Teams. Citizens may view the meeting through their own sign-in or by signing in anonymously.
To participate, follow the https://bit.ly/3sXge2b. Those who wish to take part in the discussion of any item can call 620-793-1800 for instructions.
The agenda includes:
• A proclamation for May as National Bike Month.
• A proclamation for May as Mental Health Awareness Month.
• Support for a Kansas Department of Transportation Transportation Alternatives Program project involving K-4 scenic overlook improvements.
• The sale of county sandpit property south of Ellinwood.
• A review of the county’s 2020 budget planning meeting last Monday night.
• A review of the Kansas County Commissioners Association Conference in Salina last week.
Following the agenda meeting, the following appointments are scheduled:
• 10 a.m. – review of bids for the Airport Road overlay project and the Federal Funds Exchange for 2022 with Barry McManaman, county engineer.
• 10:30 a.m. – glass recycling project with Sunflower Diversified Services with Shawn Bates, Sunflower Diversified, and Phil Hathcock, solid waste director.
• 10:45 a.m. – engineering services for the County Landfill with Hathcock.
• 11 a.m. – burn ban level discussion with Luke McCormick, Great Bend fire chief.
• 1:15 p.m. – executive session for matters of attorney/client privilege.
• 1:45 p.m. – water and wastewater improvements with Chris Komarek, Ellinwood city manager.
• 2:30 p.m. – regular business discussion with Matt Patzner, director of operations.